- Desired Performance of Structural and Flexural Regions Very Different
- Fabricating With Single Material Would Result In Compliant Structural Regions or Brittle, Failure Prone Flexures
- Ideal Solution Requires Varying Material Properties Between Different Regions of the Part
- While it is conceivable that this elastic mechanism could be built from a single material, desired performance in structural and flexural regions very different
- structural regions - strong and stiff, flexure - compliant, damped and fatigue resistant
- fabricating with single material would result in compliant structural regions or brittle failure prone flexures
- ideal solution requires varying material properties between different regions of the part.