- Un-Actuated Five-Bar Leg Mechanism Illustrates Benefits of Heterogeneous Material Properties
- Flexure Joints Replace Pin-Joints to Add Compliance and Damping
- The diagrams show finished part and the AutoCad model of the prototype leg designed to illustrate the benefit of heterogeneous material properties.
- Un-actuated prototype part used for evaluating the geometry, material characteristics (e.g. hardness, elastic modulus), and physical properties (e.g stiffness, fatigue strength) of the candidate design.
- Flexure joints preferred to pin-joints due to simplicity, ease of manufacturability, and damping