- Excess Material: Part Deformation and HAAS Tolerance
Tolerance Issues Need to Be Addressed in Design as well as in Processing & Fabrication.
- Over Pour/Under Machine: final surfaces (and surfaces to be bonded) should be freshly machined
- Excess Material - HAAS machine tolerance ~.003mm in XY plane and ~.100mm in Z axis (tool head expansion with temperature)
1. Thin layer of material can be left between part layers and at edges (as material deforms instead of cutting)
2. Manual Removal necessary if material is left on side walls (use Exacto knife and be careful not to damage support material)