Slide 23 of 24
- With the redesign new issues arose and can be utilized to maximize the characteristics of the four bar mechanism
- Geometry- with SDM, it is simple/ straightforward to change the part geometry. Squares and arcs just as simple. We redesigned the leg to have continuous ground contact instead of rolling from the squares corners. Similarly material can be selectively added, eliminated, or changed to optimize other characteristics of the part
- replaced joints with flexural regions - introduced compliance and damping
- suddenly the build geometry becomes important as the leg will have a passively stable position and there will be torque associated with any movement away from that equilibrium position.
Future analysis to tune compliance to locomotion:
- change material properties and geometry