Slide 12 of 24
- Palette Blocks Consist of Blue Wax
- Excellent Machinability - yields excellent casted surfaces
- Wax shrinks significantly when heated and cooled and therefore cannot be recasted.
- Feed Rates not to exceed 1000mmpm except in planing processes
- Significantly less shrinkage than blue wax, ideal for recasting, pour at or above 70°C
- Less machinable than blue wax - use conservative feed rates and cut depths on all but planing processes, and ensure direct air flow from coolant nozzles
- Feed Rates not to exceed 500mmpm except in planing processes
- Poor machinability - use very small passes and ensure direct air flow.
- Feed Rates between 400 and 450mmpm except in planing processes.