Slide 9 of 24
- Graded interface increases surface area, bonding and therefore overall robustness of part.
- Mixing in arbitrary ratios not possible - effect chemistry of curing materials
- Thus, some technique needs to be applied in order to discretize the graded regions based upon a designer specified tolerance parameter.
- Material Maps (left to right):
1. Gradient for materials that can mix in an arbitrary ratios
2. Same material map with an allowable tolerance parameter (defined by a designed or process limiting factor)
3. Discretized Map generated with tolerance parameter.
From Discretzed Map, geometry of five-bar gradient is designed.